Your personal brand is your reputation which you are communicating to the world in public and on social media. Not being able to manage your brand effectively will affect your reputation. The way you are perceived and experienced depends for the most part on you. Investing in yourself begins with probing and asking the right questions.
Ask yourselves the following questions:
• How do you make people feel?
• How do people benefit by working with you?
• What are the words other people use to describe you?
Your social media presence says something about you. Prospective employees or clients will look at your social media profiles on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to learn more about you.
Once you put it on the internet, you can’t take it back!
Personal branding is a daily conscious act of reputation management. If you don’t build your brand, someone else will do it for you.
Tips to make sure your personal brand looks good:
1. Be specific.
2. Learn from others.
3. What do you want your personal brand to say about you?
4. Assess your current state.
5. Plan how you are going to convey your personal brand.
6. Be unique or different.
“Do good work and live the values you set for yourself.”